We may charge a broker fee of up to £499 which will be payable on application.

There are three main house insurance (or flat insurance) policies: buildings insurance, contents insurance and combined building & contents cover. Buildings insurance cover protects the structure, the fixtures and fittings in your home; while contents insurance covers your belongings.

*Please note for these insurance products terms and conditions apply. This information is a summary only. You will receive a full policy document upon application. This policy will set out the terms, conditions and limitations of cover provided under the plan.

This is a policy which covers damage to the structure of your home such as the walls, roof and floors.

It usually covers damage to fixtures and fittings too. So if you’ve got a fitted kitchen or bathroom, your insurance is likely to pay for any repairs you need.

If you have a mortgage, your lender will insist you have buildings insurance in place. However, contents insurance is not compulsory, but it’s wise to have it anyway. Contents insurance covers any item that is not part of your home, such as goods, furniture and other valuables. Some contents insurance policies even cover the contents of your fridge and freezer, while others may cover items outside your home for an additional charge.

Contents insurance policies don’t just cover the everyday items in your home. Imagine if you had a fire or your home was flooded – you could end up having to refit a new kitchen, washing machine or boiler and be hit with a bill for thousands of pounds. This kind of insurance will ensure you’re covered for those kinds of bills.

Combined buildings & contents cover is only suitable for people who own their homes. If you rent, buildings cover should be handled by your landlord. Contents insurance, however, is a policy that everyone should consider.